With more than 5,200 acres of awe-inspiring terrain, Vail Mountain is a world-renowned ski destination and a must for every avid skier to experience. Whether looking to ski, snowboard or simply après-ski, new winter programs at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail are certain to pique the interest of wanderlust explorers.
- The “Steak Out” – Hitting the Vail Mountain slopes has never been more alluring – especially when there’s a Four Seasons chef-curated picnic to look forward to once hunger kicks in. Order a delicious picnic from the Resort’s culinary team to bring up the mountain – just like the locals do. Or for a more sumptuous experience, allow Executive Chef Marcus Stewart to cook signature Flame steaks or shuck oysters atop the mountain.
- Back Bowls Tour – Vail is known for its seven legendary back bowls. From Sun Down and Sun Up bowls to the Siberia, Tea Cup and China bowls, and the Inner and Outer Mongolia bowls, these back bowls span 3,000 acres (1,200 hectares) of Vail Mountain’s backside. Vast and open, the bowls provide advanced skiers some of the most breathtaking views around. Enjoy an exclusive tour of these bowls with a local celebrity such as Pete Seibert, the son of the founder of Vail, as he weaves in and around the back bowls and tells stories about the founding days of Vail, Colorado. To complement this full-day experience, take a break to refuel with a chef-curated picnic lunch at Blue Sky Basin.
- Snowkite with a Professional Athlete – This snow adventure begins with a drive to nearby Lake Dillon in one of the Resort’s luxurious Mercedes-Benz SUV house cars. This unique outdoor winter sport uses kite power to propel skiers and snowboarders forward, gliding over snow and ice. Afterwards, stop off in Breckenridge for a Four Seasons Concierge-recommended lunch or après hot spot, or bring along a Four Seasons picnic complete with a thermos of signature Haute Chocolate. Document the day with a Four Seasons Go Pro and bring home the footage to relive the memories.
- Brew-Ski – Ski Minturn Mile accompanied by a Four Seasons employee. This locals’ favourite side-country adventure begins with wide powder fields. Advanced skiers will then love navigating the narrow track towards the bottom of the run. A Four Seasons chauffeured Mercedes Benz SUV will pick up guests at the base and drive over to nearby historical Minturn Saloon for a local craft beer.
- First Chair with Ski Concierge – Exclusively for Four Seasons guests, the Resort’s full-service Ski Concierge is located in a three-story, chalet-style building near the base of Gondola One. The expert team knows Vail Mountain runs inside and out. Warm up each Monday at 8:30 am with a Ski Concierge member as they take guests up the first chair and down their favorite run.
More posts from November 2017