The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Vail, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Spa, announces its new “Brew & Renew” offering for male patrons. The Spa partnered with Vail-based Crazy Mountain Brewing Company, Vail Valley’s first production brewery, to create these innovative treatments.
“We are excited to collaborate with Crazy Mountain, a local business,” commented Craig Newton, Director of The Spa. “We are known for innovation, and with Brew & Renew, our male guests have something tailored just for them.”
Brew & Renew offers the following treatments:
Amber Ale Foot Soak
- Description: A perfect remedy for a long day on the slopes, this foot bath is filled with a fresh beer from Crazy Mountain Brewery’s Amber Ale batch. The guest enjoys an Amber Ale while relaxing with a crushed barley and malt foot scrub, finished off with a light foot rub, using hop oil.
- Key Benefits: The yeast from the beer bath promotes a purifying and cleansing effect on the feet. Extremely beneficial for any mild fungal issues, the scrub benefits circulation and removes excess skin buildup making the feet smooth and fresh.
Cara de Luna Black Ale Wrap
- Description: An all-natural wrap is made of spent grains directly from the brewery’s darkest beer, Cara De Luna Black Ale. While the wrap is drying on the body and removing toxins, a mixture of the ale is frothed into a honey base and gently massaged into the hair. The wrap is removed by a warm Mountain Living Pale Ale Bath mixed with citrus-infused bath salts and essential oils to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Key Benefits: Spent grains contain many of the beneficial yeasts from the brewing process, bringing many skin enhancing and balancing properties to the body. The native grains remove toxins from the body while firming and toning the skin. The barley and malt benefit the body by exfoliating the skin and nourishing with nutrients and minerals. The flavonoids are richer in dark beer, which adds elasticity to the skin, and the amount of B6 vitamins and antioxidants make this treatment one of the healthiest skin treatments that The Spa offers.
Stout Scalp Treatment
- Description: With a mixture of the froth from one of Crazy Mountain’s darkest beers combined with two tablespoons of honey, this treatment leaves hair as silky as the best conditioner.
- Key Benefits: Honey is a natural humectant that naturally pulls moisture from the air, combined with the beneficial vitamins and pH-balancing nature of dark rich beer.
Lava Lake Pub Scrub
- Description: A foamy mixture of our house blended sea salt and a can of Lava Lake Wit exfoliates the skin and refreshes the body by adding vitamins and folic acid to dry or under-nourished skin. Followed by warm beer being gently poured over the body and removed with hot moist towels, the skin is left feeling silky smooth. A quick rinse in the shower is followed by an application of hop-infused massage oil.
- Key Benefits: The key benefits to this scrub are removal of excess dry skin and increasing circulation. The Lava Lake Wit has hints of chamomile which is soothing, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
In addition to these treatments, guests can enjoy a “Brewsage,” a massage incorporating hop oil, and a refreshing soak entitled “Beer Brew Bath.”
“Beer has many health benefits, such as containing a surprising number of vitamins, antioxidants, polyphenols and other beneficial minerals,” said Marisa Selvy, Co-owner of Crazy Mountain. “While The Spa provides sheer relaxation for the customer, our beer provides the healthy rejuvenation needed in the winter months.”
For pricing and more information, visit http://www.fourseasons.com/vail/spa/brew_and_renew/
Learn more about Crazy Mountain Brewing Company, located in Edwards, CO, by visiting http://crazymountainbrewery.com/.More posts from March 2013